Yippee! It's my day today! I know birthdays aren't as exciting as they used to be when you were a kid but I'm enjoying mine so far. Funny thing is that I really don't remember a whole lot about my birthdays as a kid. This I am sure is a shock to my sister, Alesia. I have this uncanny ability to remember many details from our childhood. She thinks they are in my head because she doesn't remember any of them. What I do remember about my birthdays growing up is that my Mom always had a cake for us and I remember her making Halupki (stuffed cabbage rolls) for me which are my absolute favorite food. Other than that, not much. One more thing is that I remember wishing for snow on my birthday and guess what! It's snowing today! That's right! I am enjoying a white birthday! It's so beautiful! I am a happy birthday girl!
Sophia posted on her blog a challenge for a Christmas countdown. She has listed one Christmas question a day until Christmas. I'm five days behind so I'm playing catch up. I'll try to keep up from here until Christmas with the rest.
1. Colored lights or white lights on your house or not at all? Colored. I always preferred white lights but since Allison was born, I switched to colored. I'm not sure why but it'll probably be that way for a long time. I'm big on tradition and it's a tradition Allison will remember. Oh! Pink lights on Allison's tree in her room. After all, what is a princess tree without pink lights?
2. Hot chocolate or Egg Nog? Hot chocolate! I remember as a kid my Mom would have a big saucepan on the stove ready for us when we came in from playing out in the snow. Yum! Curtis also makes a mean homemade hot chocolate!
3. What's your favorite holiday dish? I don't think I have one. My favorite cookie is my best friend's wedding cookies. It's not Christmas without them. My favorite is the lemon ones. Are you getting my hint, Susan? :)
4. Does Santa wrap the presents or just sit them under the tree? He wraps them. We enjoy watching Allison's reaction to each and every one. He doesn't wrap the items in the stocking though. My "Santa" never did so Allison's "Santa" doesn't either.
5. Do you hang mistletoe? Absolutely! What is Christmas without it?