Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Da da da Daaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

"Mom's Oasis" is almost done! I still have 2 things to do to it...maybe 3. Here are the pics of what it looks like today. Allison and I spent 5 hours out there today and boy was it relaxing. It's just how I imagined it. The only thing that would make it better would be if there was a cleaning fairy in the house doing my cleaning and chores while I am out there relaxing! By the way, you can click on any picture to see it larger.

The before: As you can see it's nothing special and we really never did anything with it since we've lived here.



The current state of Mom's Oasis:



This is the sitting area with a great shot of the umbrella. I love that the umbrella stand is behind us and it reaches over to shield us. The umbrella is 9 1/2 feet wide so it covers a good portion of the patio.



A shot of the sitting area from the other side. You can see how the patio mat defines the area. It's awesome because it's waterproof and you just hose it off if it gets dirty.



This pic is of the other side of the patio where we have our picnic table. I LOVE our picnic table. I found the instructions online and Curtis made if for me for Allison's first birthday party. I had to have redwood and it was perfect timing because you can't even buy redwood in our area anymore.



This is from the other side. I love the tablecloth. Originally I thought it would be too bright but it balances the colors of the flowers which are mainly on the other side of the patio.



A close up of my new patio furniture that is so comfortable and perfect for my oasis. I sat out there today with a Pepsi and a couple of magazines and wished I was on vacation so I didn't have to leave.




Here is a close up of my planters. There are that bright pink geraniums in all the pots but I picked off the dead ones today so the new buds could bloom.



The cat birdhouse. Allison picked it out at the store and told me that she wanted me to have this for my patio. She was so sweet about it that I couldn't say no and now it's one of my favorite features.



I hope you enjoyed your little tour of my patio. I'll post more pics when I get the last couple of things done and when the flowers get bigger.

By the way, if you can't find me...just check "Mom's Oasis" because I'm hoping to be there most of the summer. Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails