Friday, February 16, 2007

Not a Snow Day but a Sick Day!

My baby woke up this morning with the cough she's been fighting all week. Except today it sounded worse so I thought I would make an appointment. Usually I take her in and it's just a cold and her lungs are clear but not today. She has a bacterial infection. Her lungs are clear but she has a lot of drainage in her throat. She has a cold and she has fluid in her left ear although you wouldn't know it. Her spirits are good. Our pediatrician was surprised she wasn't complaining about her ear. He said there was a lot of puss in there. He prescribed amoxicillin for 10 days and she is not too happy about it. She says it tastes yucky and is not taking it. Ya, right! She's not used to taking medicines. She isn't sick all that often. Even our pediatrician commented that it's been a long time since he has prescribed medicine for her. Actually the last time was when she was under a year old so it's been over 4 1/2 years. We have been VERY lucky and VERY blessed to have a healthy child.

LOL!! She just came over to me while I was typing this and said that she got a paper cut on her foot from her magazine that she left on the floor. She put her foot up on me and I said "Oh my" and she looked down, saw the blood and then looked up at my face and said "I can't bare to look!" LOL! A little dramatic, don't you think? Too funny!

Well, she's all fixed up and resting on the couch so I better go throw a load of laundry in and cut my coupons from this past Sunday that I haven't cut yet. There's never enough time to do all the things that I want. After this week, I am ready to go back to work. Allison and I are just too much alike and get on each other's nerves after being together all week. However, in all honesty I wouldn't leave her to go to work while she needed me. There isn't any other place that I would want to be...even if she drives me crazy at times and knows how to push my buttons.

Have Fun!



"There is possibly no guilt in this world to compare with leaving a sick child with a babysitter. The sitter could be Mother Theresa and you would still feel rotten. There is something about having your child throw up without you that is difficult to live with."

Erma Bombeck
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails