Saturday, October 20, 2007

The Story, Chapter 2

That night continued to be tear filled. I cried when I called my Mom and I cried when I called Curtis' Mom. We were all in total shock. After we put Allison to bed, I collapsed on the couch and put the television on to take my mind off of things. My Mom called and told me that she didn't know what network it was on television, but she wanted me to find the one with the upside down "v" over a diamond. I soon found out that it was Cornerstone Television. The program or documentary that was on was about highly intelligent people. Most of whom that were labeled A.D.H.D. or A.D.D. to make it easier for the educators. It talked about Albert Einstein and others. It also talked about the controversial term of "Indigo Children." The quote below best describes it in a nutshell and this website lists the ten attributes that best describes an Indigo Child.

("The Indigo Child is a boy or girl who displays a new and unusual set of psychological attributes, revealing a pattern of behavior generally undocumented before. This pattern has singularly unique factors that call for parents and teachers to change their treatment and upbringing of these kids to assist them in achieving balance and harmony in their lives, and to help them avoid frustration." -- Lee Carroll & Jan Tober)

Curtis had come up from the basement and sat down in the living room and was listening to the television. He said "Why is this on now?" Apparently I wasn't the only one that was thinking this related to our situation. Allison possesses several of the attributes they were talking about. So, why WAS this on right then? That night of all nights? I don't know but I took it as a sign. A sign that there may be more to this whole thing than what Mrs. B. thinks. I think there was someone up there leading us into another direction. Forcing us to think for ourselves and against a teacher who had been teaching for 20 years. It was our responsibility to find the answers and the solutions for Allison. She was counting on us to fight this fight for her... but how? Where do we start?

...to be continued...
Pin It

1 comment:

Jolene George said...

You know....just because Mrs. B has been teaching for 20 years does NOT make her a good teacher. With having 5 boys, I've seen more than my fair share of teachers. Some were wonderful, some were okay and some were just terrible. You are Allison only advocate. Nobody care what happens to her more than you and Curtis. I would never keep her in a class that would obviously be a bad experience for her. You know what's right. Good luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails