Saturday, December 16, 2006

Allison's 1st Christmas Program!

Wednesday night was Allison's 1st Christmas Program. Her Kindergarten class sang three songs and recited 3 verses from the Bible. It was adorable! The verses were her memory work for the last couple of weeks. When she brought it home, my first thought was that she will NEVER be able to memorize this! Well, much to my surprise, she had it memorized in a week. This picture is of her on the stage after the program. We were too far back to get a good picture even with the zoom. The outfit is compliments of Grandma Sandy (my best friend's mother). It was Maria's and she saved it because she loved it so much. I agree! She looked so grown up in it and festive! When I put it on her, it definitely needed a necklace and I pulled two of hers that were given to her at her baptism. She had never seen them before and since it was a special occasion, I thought it was time. The first one is a crucifix given to her by my sister and her Godmother, Alesia. The second one was given to her by her Grandma (Curtis's Mom) and is a guardian angel pendant with a guardian angel prayer on the back. She was so excited because she knew they were very special and "good" jewelry. I told her that she could pick one to wear. She didn't take as long as she usually does to think her decision over very carefully to make sure she made the correct choice. She picked the crucifix. I asked her why and she said "It's the more important one."I wondered why she came to that conclusion and she promptly told me "because he's our savior." She surprises me more and more every day!

These are the verses she recited with her class for the Christmas program:


Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests." When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, "Let's go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about."
Luke 2:13-15
Pin It

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a pretty young lady, the outfit looks great. God Bless her.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails