Saturday, April 07, 2007

Allison's 1st Recipe!

Thanks to Allison, you get a bonus post for the day!

She asked me if she could have a snack. I told her not until she has breakfast. Her answer to this was "I hate breakfast"...this would explain my trouble in getting her to eat hers every morning. It's not fun! After a few times of asking again for a snack and me saying after she has her breakfast, she suggested that we make something special. She said it will be called "Angel Breakfast." Hmm, now she has my attention. She told me that I would have to help because the stove part is for grown ups. She is very creative. Just remember that when she becomes the Rachael Ray of her time, it all started with her "Angel Breakfast" and saw it here first.

Allison’s Angel Breakfast

Ingredients:
· 1 egg
· ¼ cup milk
· 2 slices of wheat bread (no seeds)
· peanut butter
· blueberry jelly (or your favorite)
· syrup
· powdered sugar
· butter (for skillet)

Directions:
· Beat 1 egg in large bowl. Add milk and beat both together. Set aside.
· Make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
· Dip the sandwich quickly (so it doesn’t get soggy) into the egg and milk mixture. Be sure to dip both sides.
· Melt a little butter in skillet on medium high heat.
· After the butter is melted and the skillet is hot, place sandwich into the skillet and brown well on both sides.
· Remove from skillet and place on plate.
· Drizzle with syrup and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
· Enjoy!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails