Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Found Treasure!

I found this little 3 x 3 inch treasure in the bottom of Allison's book bag. I asked her about it and she said that she did it during recess. She said that they had read a story about storms and then she did this at that day's recess. I asked her if they talked about glass in the story and she said no. She said she learned it from the glass blower that we went to a couple of months ago. (It was a Brownie trip.) She said she borrowed the teacher's marker to write the words because it was hard to see them in pencil over the picture. She also said that her teacher liked it so much that she had her read it to the whole class.
She was proud of herself.
I am proud of her too.
I am always surprised at what she remembers in detail.
I love how it comes out of her at a later date.
I love how she loves learning and retains the knowledge that she learns.
I love learning about new things through her and with her.
I love being her Mom. "Storms can be scary even if you know this fact. Weather can form glass! Well the lightning hits sand and it forms glass. And volcanos can form glass too. Lava rock turns into sand and lava turns into glass and meteors hit sand, so just remember after the lightning forms glass smile at the rainbow!"
Have Fun!
Pin It

4 comments:

Darlene said...

Allison did a great job on her picture and telling us the storm facts!!! I LOVE that!! I never knew that so let her know she taught me something!♥

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I do believe that you have a future artist on your hands! I love how her mind works.

Controlling My Chaos said...

That is amazing. You should frame it.

Kim said...

Very nice. And she is absolutely correct about lightning striking sand and forming glass (I learned that fact in the movie "Sweet Home Alabama")!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails