Sunday, April 26, 2009

Quick Update!



Hey Friends!

I'm just stopping by to say "Hi" while I wait to pick Allison up from C.C.D. and then we are heading to Mass.

I've been crazy busy lately and haven't had time to post or read the blogs that I stalk! I've said it before but I don't know how you Moms with more than one child do it! It takes everything in me to keep on track and not forget or miss anything.

My main focus right now is Allison's First Holy Communion. It's this coming Saturday. Woo Hoo! I am so excited! I can't believe it's here. I've been busy trying to get everything ready for it while still managing to stay on top of school stuff and Brownie stuff and anything else that gets thrown my way.

I am happy to report that I was able to whiten the dress. If you don't know what I'm talking about, see this post. When I picked it up from my Mom it was yellow and I mean YELLOW. I contacted Cindy from My Romantic Home to see how she gets the stains and such out of the beautiful antique lace tablecloths she purchases and she said she uses OxiClean. So I threw caution to the wind and mixed it with very hot water and put the dress in. I didn't think anything happened but when I dumped the water out it was discolored so I did it again and again. After 3 batches of OxiClean and 9 hours later, I have a white dress! I am so excited! It's not stark white which is perfect for me because it is 36 years old and the style is definitely vintage. Allison is excited to be wearing my dress and that just warms my heart!

I'll be sure to share everything with you after next Saturday. The pic above is part of the invitations that I made. I'm sure it would have been much easier to just purchase them but not me. I can't do anything the easy way. I have to put my creative touch on it. I also made the pew banner and I'm undecided on the cake just yet. I may make that too but I think it will be less stress if I just design it and have the bakery do it. We'll see.

Have Fun!

Pin It

2 comments:

Kim said...

Can't wait to see Allison all dressed up in her First Communion dress.

It's stressful nowadays to get all the preparations done for First Communion. Times sure have changed since made ours. Last year, I had First Communion AND Confirmation the same week. Glad that is done and behind me. Next year, Emily makes her Confirmation--"here we go again".

Controlling My Chaos said...

Great news about the dress. I know what you mean about not being able to do anything the easy way. It's a disease. I thin it's called perfectionism or something ridiculous like that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails