Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Finally!!



Yes, I'm taking the plunge! I've wanted to start an online journal for so long and now here I am typing away on the keyboard. I'm not sure if anything I write here will be of interest to anyone except me but that's fine. I've never been one to look for outside approval or validation.

Why my title? Being a Mother is the most important thing in the world to me. If anyone ever asked me, when I was growing up, what I wanted to be when I grew up, my answer was always "A Mom." It wasn't until I was 36 that God blessed me with a wonderful little girl. She is my world and everything I do, I do for her and with her in mind. I lived a very active and interesting life until she came along and now my enjoyment comes from being her Mom. I never really felt that my life was full or even that I was living until I had her. It was as if there was something missing and I was always waiting for my life to begin. I am just one Mother sharing my life and what does and doesn't work for me.

A little about me...I am a working outside the home Mother. No, it is not my choice to work outside the home but for now, it is what I have to do. Maybe someday, I'll be able to stay home but for now this is the way it is. I love to decorate, scrapbook, craft and generally be creative. My little one will be 4 on the 16th and I have recently started her scrapbooking and she LOVES it! I'm not sure if this is a good thing or bad (she already has eyed up MY supplies.) Another thing about me is that I always feel there is never enough time and I'm always behind in everything...scrapbooking, housework, organization, shopping (I'm out of milk right now!), and much more. In fact, I just got the mail and in it are 3 magazines. I still haven't read the stack by my nightstand! Speaking of magazines, I LOVE them! Maybe because I never feel like I have enough time to read a book or maybe because I feel that magazines teach me something. If you look at the books on my bookcase, they are of the self-help, finance or how-to nature. The magazines I received today are: Family Circle, Parents & Creating Keepsakes. Those sure say a lot about me!

I think I've written enough for now, so I'll close here. However, before I go I want to share with you a question that I was recently asked in a questionnaire for a group I'm in online. The question is: "If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?" My answer is: "That every child in this world would have parents that treated and raised them with love." SO, What would your answer be?

Have Fun!
Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your BLOG!! Awesome!! And so eloquently written! It is soooo YOU!! :)
I look forward to reading your every entry!
SMOOCH!

Anonymous said...

Very well written. It really shows how much you treasure Allison!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails