Tuesday, February 02, 2010

She's Not a Baby Anymore!


I want...no scratch that...I NEED to declutter this house!

It amazes me how quickly things accumulate.

Is it just me?

Please tell me that there are others out there that have emotional attachments to items.

Please tell me that is not just me!

I don't know what it is but I have a hard time getting rid of things.

Take this lamp for instance. It was in Allison's first "girly" room after her nursery. It's been sitting up in my closet for I don't know how long. It's not like we are ever going to use it again but I just listed it on Craigslist and now I have this ache in my heart. WHY??? It's crazy!

Maybe I'm afraid that if I let it go, I'll forget her toddler years...that I need to keep it to trigger my memory to go back to how excited she was when made her a Disney Princess room. How, at about 3 years of age, she thanked us for painting her room pink. How a pink Disney Princess room made her the happiest little princess in the world.

Oh I hate that my daughter is not a baby anymore!

Whew! I feel better getting it out and now I have the memory documented here that I don't need that lamp decluttering my closet anymore!

Boy, this is much cheaper than therapy!

Have Fun!
Pin It

1 comment:

Darlene said...

It is definitely hard letting go of some of their stuff because of the memories associated with it. But, you will always have those memories and pictures. Blog ARE great therapy aren't they?!?!...lol

Enjoy your evening.♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails