Friday, July 20, 2007

Just Another Day or So!

I promise! I've been so busy that I haven't had time to sit down and do a proper post of Allison's birthday party. I had planned on doing it last night when I got home from my sister's house but being on the computer was the last thing I wanted. I went to her house (she lives about 1 1/2 hours away) to set her computer up and puppysit (that's another blog entry). Yes, she finally got a home computer! Well actually, she got a laptop. And of course she knows NOTHING about it (and wouldn't have the patience to figure it out anyway) so I came to her rescue. She went with DSL and they send you a kit and you have to install it yourself. Crazy, huh? Oh, and they charged her $19.95 for the shipping and installation...but you had to do it yourself! (Things that make you say "HMMM"!) My cable company came out and set everything up for me and it was FREE installation! Anyway, she has the new Windows Vista operating program and it was new to me so it took me a little longer than I would have liked. I also installed her printer/scanner/copier, downloaded AOL (since it's the most user friendly Internet service out there...in my opinion), imported her pictures from her camera and attempted to install her camera printer. This took FOREVER! The CD that came with it wasn't compatible with Windows Vista. No, problem, right? I just went to the HP site to download it from there. WELL, after 1 hour and 24 minutes, that didn't work. It kept saying something about allowing "activeX" or something and I couldn't figure out how to do that. So I tried something else which took 58 minutes to download and then finally after that it worked! Thank GOODNESS cause I was running out of steam! Of course, my day wasn't done because I had to give a course on "AOL 101" and "Digital Pictures 101" to my sister after I was done with the installation. Needless to say, being on this thing when I got home was the last thing I wanted and now, I have too much I want to get done since this is really my last working day of vacation before the weekend. I would love to enjoy myself Saturday and Sunday before I got back to my day job. In the meantime, here is another pic from Allison's party. Enjoy!



Have Fun! Pin It

1 comment:

Jolene George said...

I've been struggling to find things compatable with windows vista.
Allison looks adorable! Can't wait to see more party pictures.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails