Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My House Smells So Good & An Ouch!

My lilacs have finally bloomed! They are just gorgeous and the scent is amazing! I've had 5 neighbors over smelling them in the last couple days. I can smell them through the window in my kitchen. Yes the window where Princess is sitting. Click on the picture for a better view but please ignore my shutters. We badly need new ones or these painted but the home owner's association hasn't yet decided what to do! Anyway...as you can see the bush is huge! After the blooms are done, I am going to trim it down so I can keep it in the front flowerbed where I can enjoy it daily. I'm not sure how long the blooms will last but I better get to thinking what flowers I am going to plant when they are gone. I always go with pinks, purples, whites and yellows. Hmm, maybe I'll be inspired by something different this year. Stay tuned and see what strikes my fancy!
Can you just see my poor baby's face? She got bit by a mosquito on Saturday. It bit her on the side of her nose. This picture was taken Sunday night after her bath. It's a little shiny because we put neosporin on it but can you see how swollen it was. Even her eyelid was swollen. Curtis went to his brother's on Sunday to watch the race and when he got home, he asked what happened. He couldn't believe it was the bite from Saturday. Thankfully it went down by Monday morning or I would have taken her to the hospital. It looks much better today but she sort of looked like someone punched her. By the way, that dang mosquito lost it's life for what he did to my baby. Allison smacked him dead! Good girl!
I am thinking of the lilac-trees,
That shook their purple plumes,
And when the sash was open,
Shed fragrance through the room.
- Mrs. Anna S. Stephens, The Old Apple-Tree
Have Fun!
Pin It

1 comment:

Kim said...

Ouch. Poor Alison. Elizabeth got bitten recently too by a darn mosquito and it was on the top of her foot. Boy did it swell--she couldn't wear her flip flops because it was so swollen and rubbed. Glad it went down.

The lilacs are beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails