Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Final Day & A Good Time with Friends!

I'm finishing up my last day of vacation today. As I am sure you can imagine, I am sad. It's not that I don't like my job. It's just that I would rather be home doing things for my family. Maybe someday. I haven't gotten much crossed off my to do list this week. As always, my lists are more than anyone could handle in the alloted time. That's okay. I'm trying not to let it get to me. As far as vacations go, it was a good one. I got to spend some quality time with Allison and I got to do a few other things that I've been wanting to do.

One thing I did get to do this week was to spend some time with one of my best friends. As soon as I planned this vacation, I called Nancy and told her to put me on her calendar. I badly needed to hang out with her.
To just be girlfriends together.
Allison and I met Nancy and her kids at T.G.I.Friday's where I used to work. It's where we met over 15 years ago. Here is a picture of our little ones. It's probably been 2 years since I've seen Emily. OH MY! She has grown up! She's a lovely young lady who just turned 12. My how time flies! I found myself saying over and over again "I can't believe how grown up she is!" And that Mitchell! He is such a handsome little guy. Doesn't he look adorable in his new glasses? Nancy and I were pregnant together. Mitchell is 3 weeks younger than Allison. You should have seen them together. They are too cute!
After we had lunch, we headed over to Hobby Lobby. Sadly, we do not have one in Pennsylvania. Although that's probably a good thing. I could go broke in there! They have a really cool home decor section. I've been wanting to make some changes around this house so I'm sure I'll be returning there soon. I did pick up some fun stuff that I will be sharing with all of you at a later date. Everything was so reasonably priced that I spent way less than I had budgeted for myself! Woo Hoo! I'm doing the happy dance!
Thanks for the fun relaxing time Nancy! Let's make it a point to see each other more frequently. After all, it's only and hour to each other's home!
I better run! There is a thunderstorm out there and the lights have flickered twice so I better shut the computer down.
“It is by chance that we met, by choice that we became friends.”
~Author Unknown
Have Fun!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails