Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Late Father's Day Post!

I would have posted this earlier but we've been in a debate in this house. Curtis wouldn't let me post his pic from Father's Day. You see his day started with us waking him up with breakfast in bed. I made him Banana Fosters French Toast. Allison delivered it to him wearing her new "Daddy's Girl" shirt...which definitely describes her. She loves her Daddy! Anyway, he claims he looks awful in the picture. I think he looks handsome. After a few days I am giving up and decided to respect his wishes. The picture will not be posted. So all you get to see is this part of his arm. Can you see his muscle? That's nothing. You should see him flex! My man has some muscles!
We broke out the grill for dinner. The charcoal grill. I know gas grills are more convenient but we think the food tastes better on a charcoal grill. I'm sure someday we'll get a gas grill but for now we like our charcoal grill. I made a hearty manly dinner for my man! We had rib steaks, crash hot potatoes and corn. You have to try the crash hot potatoes. I found them on The Pioneer Woman's website. They were really easy and so yummy! You can click on the link to go to the recipe. She has a lot of great recipes but most are not so healthy. We are trying to eat healthier these days so I lightened this one up. Instead of spreading olive oil all over the sheet pan, I used Pam Olive Oil Spray. Just enough to keep them from sticking. Also instead of brushing the tops "rather generously with olive oil", I did about a 1 second spray of the olive oil on each. I also didn't use kosher salt. First because I didn't have any and second because I think it may add too much salt if you are not careful...and that's just not good for your blood pressure! Hmmm, maybe that's why mine is on the very low end of acceptable. :) Anyway, I did sprinkle a tiny bit of regular salt on them since potatoes just scream for salt. I figured if he wanted more, then he could add it at the table. He didn't. There was enough flavor with the pepper and rosemary that they didn't need anything else.
Allison picked me flowers while we were out grilling. She ran upstairs and got the top to her glue stick to use as a vase. Too funny! This picture is VERY enlarged so you can see it. There is a dandelion, a clover, a buttercup, a violet and I don't know what else. We put it in the middle of our dinner table. She was so proud to contribute to the dinner.

I didn't get to see my own Dad on Father's Day but I did talk to him. I saw him yesterday and lately he hasn't looked too good. I'm worried. He has some health problems and Spring and Summer is so hard on him. There so much work to do outside on the farm. The heat isn't good. It takes so much out of him. I know he's been to the Dr. and they are going to run some tests. If you pray, please say a little prayer for him. If not, can you just think good thoughts for him?

“Certain is it that there is no kind of affection so purely angelic as of a father to a daughter. In love to our wives there is desire; to our sons, ambition; but to our daughters there is something which there are no words to express.”
~Joseph Addison~
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails