Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Birthday Swim!

I took Allison to lunch on Wednesday for her birthday. It was just the two of us since since Daddy was working. While we were having lunch, she asked if I would take her to the park/playground around the corner. Even though it was 88 degrees here, I agreed. Before anyone says anything about 88 not being hot, it is for us. Anyway, we were only at the park for 15 minutes before she saw the public pool, which is next to the playground, and asked if we could go home and get her bathing suit so we could go swimming. My initial reaction was no but then I quickly remembered, it was her birthday. I caved and off we went to get our things. We only stayed for a couple of hours. We had to go home to get ready for her birthday dinner but she had a blast. This was the first time we were there. I had anticipated more people but it really wasn't crowded. I remember going swimming as a kid and it being packed. I guess more people have their own pools at home these days. This pool was very clean. The lawns were nicely manicured. And it was well staffed with personnel and lifeguards...but of course Allison had her own lifeguard...me! I also liked how the kiddie pool started at 0 inches and gradually got deeper. I think the deepest part of it was 2 feet 10 inches. It was just the perfect depth in my opinion. Allison would have liked for it to be deeper. It was a good time. I'm glad I listened to the birthday girl and tried something new. Enjoy the pics!







"Summer afternoon - summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language."
~Henry James

Have Fun!

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails