Friday, March 19, 2010

I'm Lovin' My Mom!

Cheryl over at Tidy Mom is one of my favorite bloggers. I can really relate to what she writes about so when she started up a new blog party every Friday, I knew I wanted to join her fun.

Her bog party is titled "I'm Lovin' It Fridays" . . . very cute idea!

Anyway, sometimes I prewrite blog entries and set them post at a scheduled time but I thought with this one, I would think about what I'm lovin' at this moment in time and write about it. So, with that being said....

I'm Lovin' My Mom today!

Yes, of course, I love my Mom every day but I especially do at this moment in time and so today I want to celebrate her!

Here she is last month with my daughter. Please ignore the fact that she is gambling with my daughter by doing scratch off tickets with her. She loves doing them with Allison because she is so lucky and Allison understands how each one of them works. And yes, they did win . . . $10!
Anyway, I hit yet another speed bump of life last night and was feeling like I couldn't get a break. I usually can go with the flow and roll with the punches but last night hit me different. I thought I had something settled with our insurance companies for Allison that I've had to deal with for 1 1/2 months only to find out that "there's a problem" with the insurance again. Seriously, I can't take much more of this! I was feeling really beaten down last night and I called my Mom. Not because she could fix it but because she's well, my Mom. She let me cry uncontrollably and soothed me over the phone. She just listened, asked questions, offered suggestions and told me she loved me.

She's one wonderful Mom!

I've said it before here on my blog that all I ever wanted to be for as long as I can remember was a Mom. I know it was because of her example and love that made the job seem so wonderful. She raised and guided three totally different individuals into adult hood and is still there for us the moment we need her.

She taught me how to be a Mom . . . how to worship, how to cook, how to decorate, how to clip coupons, how to plant flowers, how to have parties, how to iron, how to be Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy, how to be frugal and resourceful, how to never settle for less than my best, how to have faith and she taught me how to love unconditionally.

One particular time stands out in my mind more than any other when I think about my Mom supporting me. I was in the labor/delivery room and my best friend had cleared everyone out of the room so I could have a few minutes alone with my Mom. She asked me how I was doing and I started to cry. I told her that I didn't know if I could do this. She said I didn't have a choice right now. I told her that I wasn't talking about delivering the baby but about being a Mom. She gave a me a little laugh and said "Oh Cindi, you'll do just fine. I never worried about you being a Mom."

Wow! What life changing words for me! Knowing that she believed in me gave me all the confidence in the world!

I can only pray and hope that I am everything to Allison that my Mom is to me!


If you want to see what others are lovin' click on the button above.

Have Fun!
Pin It

6 comments:

TidyMom said...

Oh Cindi...what a sweet sweet post!! it made me tear up! What an awesome mom you have!!

Hope you get the insurance mess worked out real soon!!

I love the picture of you mom and daughter!

Thanks for linking up! Have a GREAT weekend!

marie said...

What a lovely tribute to your Mom!

Your daughter is a cutie! I hope the insurance issue resolves itself quickly.

Sandy said...

Cindi...Wow what a post I wish your mom had a computer to see it or maybe she does?????? The picture is really good of both them, there colors even match. Made me feel soooo good to know Susan has such a good friend that truely loves family.

Theresa said...

sweet post! Happy Friday! =]

Tammy said...

Moms are a blessing arent they? Your post was real sweet and made me think of my mom.

I came over from I'm Lovin It Friday with Tidymom. And if you dont mind I would like to come visit again. :)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a sweet post...love it..Doing a little Sunday morning blog hopping...Its snowing here.
I have 2 GREAT GIVEAWAYS that I will draw for tonight ...
stop by and leave a comment...That's all that's needed.
Teresa
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails