Saturday, July 29, 2006

I'm DREADING Tomorrow!


How do I tell this precious child that her kitty at Grandma's and Pa Pa's went to heaven?

I'm sitting here in tears at the thought of it. My heart hurts so much just knowing that her little heart will be broken. This cat wasn't just any old cat. This cat was her best friend. Allison was obsessed with this cat. This cat was obsessed with Allison. They had a special bond...an unbelievable bond. She always came to greet Allison when she arrived and Allison always ran to her as soon as she got there. It's all she talks about. She just told me tonight that she couldn't wait to go to Grandma's tomorrow so she could hold Pilchard. Yes, she named her Pilchard after the cat in Bob the Builder. This child is going to be crushed. She understands that heaven is a wonderful place and that our loved ones go there to be with Jesus. She maybe talks about heaven too much for a five year old. She talks about going there. She wants to go with me so we can see Aunt Carole, Pooki (my cat that we lost a couple of years ago) and Sheeba (my best friend's dog). This loss will be her first big loss. She is going to be lost without this cat. Pilchard occupied so much of her time at her Grandparent's home. She was her buddy.

God Bless you Allison's little buddy. May you find peace in the arms of an angel.

Golden Memories
They say memories are golden, well, maybe that is true.
I never wanted memories, I only wanted you.
A million times I cried.
If love alone could have saved you, you never would have died.
In life I loved you dearly, in death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place no one else could fill.
If tears could build a stairway and heartache make a lane.
I'd walk the path to Heaven and bring you back again.
Our family chain is broken, and nothing seems the same.
But as God calls us back one by one, the chain will link again.
Author Unknown
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails