Sunday, November 09, 2008

Bad Blogger with a Busy Schedule!

I've been a bad blogger. Very bad. I've started 3 blog posts over the last month. They are still in draft form. Why haven't I finished them? Who knows? Maybe I couldn't find the words. Hey, stop laughing! Maybe I ran out of steam in the middle of them. Maybe I had to be somewhere and had to stop. Maybe Allison wanted something. Maybe my mind wondered. Maybe the dryer called my name. Maybe I've been Christmas shopping. Did you know there are 46 days left until Christmas? Ya! How about that? Anyway, I've been a little busy and to tell you the truth a little overwhelmed. I'll try to be a better blogger. That's the best that I can promise.

Speaking of busy, how do you parents with more than one child keep up? Kim, do you have a secret?? If so, you need to share! Anyway, each month I transfer the month's events from our paper calendar onto a laminated magnetic calendar that I keep in plain sight on the refrigerator. I made it a few years ago and it is a blessing. I can see everything at a glance while doing something else in the kitchen. I color code it to who has what to do. Curtis & I are responsible for our own things and we both take care of getting Allison to where she needs to be. Our calender has been way too busy for us the last few months! As you can see, there is nothing on Mondays. Monday is my long day at work so I am away from home for 12-14 hours. I can't possibly schedule anything else on that day! My other work days are Tuesday and Friday so I try not to schedule anything on those days either because my commute adds 2 hours onto my work day but sometimes, it's necessary. Below is our calendar for November. It's crazy! I know there are families out there with more on their calendar and for those of you, I admire and bow down to you. I'm not complaining. I'm really not. I'm just trying to justify to myself why I've been a bad blogger lately. I've just been busier than normal and having trouble balancing everything I want to do in my life.

So yesterday, was a family free day. Grandma and Pa Pa picked Allison up at school on Friday because they had a 1/2 day of school. They kept her for a long overdue sleepover. I thought I would get tons of stuff done on Saturday with having it all to myself. I was wrong. I just wasn't feeling motivated. I missed Allison a lot and was sad about her being gone. My to do list is so big right now that I am overwhelmed about that too. I also think my "friend" is coming to visit soon so that also played with my mood. I did get some things done but not as much as I would have liked. It was also kind of hard when these next two pictures were happening around me!

Princess was sprawled out on Daddy's chair being so lazy...

and then I would go upstairs to find Simba crashed on Allison's bed!

Didn't they know Saturday was supposed to be a work day! They sabotaged me! It's their fault I didn't get things done! They made me be lazy with them!

Well. Not today!

I have my list and I'm going to get it done after C.C.D and Church if it kills me!

Have Fun!

Pin It

2 comments:

Controlling My Chaos said...

Blasted cats! It's all their fault. :)

Kim said...

I have no secrets! I will never win a Mom of the Year award. My kids have been known to go to school w/out breakfast, wear clothes that have had to be "freshened" in the dryer and sometimes they have to wait until last to get picked up (thank goodness for cell phones). Once they hit middle school they have to pack their own lunches. I'm outnumbered so I can only do what I can. Luckily, I've raised good kids and they don't complain. Oh yeah, this beautiful hair color I'm sporting? -- it's out of a box. The grays are coming way to fast and I blame it on my kids :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails