Saturday, November 15, 2008

Our 1st Mom's Craft Night Out!

This is my best friend, Susan. You've met her before here on my blog. We have been friends since 4th grade...which of course was just about 10 years ago. ;)
Even though we talk on the phone frequently, we don't get to spend a whole lot of time together. She lives back where we grew up. It's about an hour from where I live. Yes, I'm a little jealous that she's minutes from my Mom and Dad but that's a whole other blog post.
Anyway. Susan and I have been wanting to do a craft night for YEARS. Just a night to forget about our Mom responsibilities and spend some good quality time with some of our favorite women having fun and being creative.
Well. Last night was the night that our 1st "Mom's Craft Night Out" came to realization!

We decided that we are going to do this once a month at Susan's house. Since I am the "crafty" one of the bunch, I will come up with the craft and do all the prep work for it. And of course you can't bring a bunch of women together without food, so we are going to rotate who brings drinks and a snack each month.
I decided that we would make holiday glass blocks for our first craft night. I have always loved them but never found the time to make them for myself. This was the perfect opportunity. They came out awesome and the Moms loved them. They loved them so much in fact that they want to do more for next month!
There were three styles and here are two of them. You'll see the third style towards the bottom of the post.


Here we all are with our finished products. Left to right are: Cindy B., Susan D., Marsha (sitting), Sandy, Jeannie, Susan C., Dawn and me, Cindi C.

This picture is a little blurry but I had to post if for the Moms that were there. As you can see we are all laughing in this picture. There was this one phrase that was said that night that was repeated over and over again so to get everyone to have "non-posed" smiles I shouted it out and everyone started laughing. This picture with us all laughing is a true reflection of the fun we had that night. Cutting the ribbon and getting it ready to make the bows. Can you tell that all three of us really didn't feel comfortable with this picture!
Here I am teaching them how to make a bow. I was worried about this step because bows can be intimidating to some. Thankfully, a couple of them already knew so that helped make things easier. Did you notice I dressed for the occasion? My earrings and necklace are also snowflakes and so were my socks! I know. I'm weird....that's probably where Allison gets it!
Look how good they are doing! I'm so proud!
These were the troublemakers. We are still debating whether we are going to allow them to come back again. Susan (the one on the right) did say she would bring food....so maybe if we separated them, it would be okay. ;)
Here are more pictures of the finished products without the lights lit. They are so pretty. I can't wait to use them!
These were the most popular ones. The lettering in the picture came out really light but it's a darker blue and matches the ribbon perfectly. A couple of the Moms had planned on giving them for gifts but they are rethinking that now.
Ladies, I can't wait to do this again with all of you! You truly are a great bunch of women and I am blessed to know each and every one of you!

Curtis, Thank you so much for drilling the holes in the glass blocks and encouraging me to do something for me. I couldn't have done it without you! I love you!

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.

~Albert Schweitzer

Have Fun!

Pin It

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the pics with a few exceptions, sorry girls I don't like my pic taken. Like the word women friends for the two older women ha ha, by the way one of the older woman sent the host to bed and run sweeper for a While picking up glitter from ribbon, small job for the great evening, thanks again for the fun evening.

Anonymous said...

Those are so cool. I am a "crafty disaster," so I think I need to find someone in my neighborhood to do a craft night so I can learn how to make stuff like this.

Anonymous said...

A great time was had by all!! I can't wait to do it again!! Cindi, thanks for ALL of your hard work. We all appreciated it!!

Love 'ya,
Susan C. (a.k.a. "The Host")

Vinyl Masterpiece said...

WHAT FUN! Your blocks turned out FABULOUS!!! I enjoyed all of your pictures.

Benita said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time & I love the blocks! What a great idea to do a craft night once a month. Wish I lived closer!

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun and friendship. Wish I could join in. Love the craft ideas. Keep on pinning!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails