Saturday, November 01, 2008

Halloween Happenings!

As most of you already know, I make Allison's Halloween costume every year. She decides what it's going to be and then I figure out how I am going to pull it off. This year was very easy. The only problem I had was finding a white sweat suit. As you can see, I wasn't successful in finding one so I improvised and she ended up being a brown calico cat. This was probably better since it was wet outside and she managed to find a puddle. :) If you are interested in years past costumes, click here for last year and here for all the previous years.


We always take Allison trick or treating back where I grew up with my Goddaughter, Maria. It's fun to hang out with my friends and visit the people that we trick or treated from when we were kids. They all still live there...I love small town America!

Here is our little ones. Don't they look adorable? I swear Maria has shot up 3 inches since I saw her in July! She looked me eye to eye and my shoes had two inch heels on them! She is outgrowing the "child look" and growing into a beautiful young woman. I'm sure the boys will be knocking on her door soon! Get ready Uncle Ron! You are going to have quite a few boys to scare!

Here they are 3 years ago in 2005.
They grow up so fast!

When we got back to my Mom and Dad's, we emptied the bags onto their table. We didn't go to very many houses but BOY did she get the loot!

Anyone want any candy???
As I mentioned in my last post, I am the head party parent for Allison's parties at class. Yesterday was her Fall Festival party. I took my camera but I did not take one single picture! I was having too much fun with the kids. They are so cute. I can't wait for the next party!
We started out with "Ghost" bingo and the winner had to yell out "Boo" instead of "Bingo." It was too cute. They get very excited and competitive. Next they made spiders out of Styrofoam balls that were cut in half and painted black. They put in the eight legs and put eyes on them. We then used them for the game "Put the Spider on the Web." They had a lot of fun being blindfolded and yelling at each other to turn "left" or "right." We also had them make smiley face foam leaf magnets to take home. I had one more craft planned but we didn't have enough time. I left if for the teacher so she can have them do it when she has some time. They are fall book markers with leaves and turkeys on them.
I also planned a snack of "Witches Brew" and "Spider Web Cookies. The punch was too cute and I wish I would have taken a picture of it! It was purple grape juice and club soda but then I put in green grapes to simulate eyes and apples cut up in little bits to simulate teeth. One of the other Mom's froze water in plastic gloves and we floated the ice hands in the punch. They all got a big kick out of drinking the "Witches Brew" with hands, eyes and teeth in it! As far as the snack goes, you all know that I am the cupcake queen. I LOVE to make cupcakes. However, when we were discussing what I had planned, the teacher hesitated on cupcakes and said she preferred cookies but she said either would be fine and it was my call. Since I am doing all three parties, I didn't want to make any bad feelings with the teacher on the first party so I went with her preference of cookies. I searched blogs on the web and found "Spider Web Cookies" from fellow blogger, Christie at These are a few of my Favorite Things. Let me tell you, Mom bloggers have the best ideas! Thankfully, I was able to take a picture of them since I took it before I left for the party. I loved how they turned out and the kids thought they were too cool! I even got several comments in the hallway on my way to the classroom from the other Moms who were there for their kid's party.
Thanks Christie!

Have Fun!
Pin It

1 comment:

Christie said...

Yay! I'm so glad you were able to make them. They turned out fantastic!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails