Thursday, November 06, 2008

A New Do and A Very Special Letter!

It's been time for a new hairdo for a long time. The girl that used to do my hair quit where I used to go. They told me that she was going to be a stay at home Mom. However. They told my mother-in-law that she was doing hair someplace else. We tried to find her but were unsuccessful in our search. So in the meantime, my hair had gotten very long. Too long. It required too much time to style and I don't have that kind of time in the mornings. Us Moms are too busy for that! The best thing about my hair being long was that I could put it in a ponytail when I got home from work and on the weekends. That part was easy. I decided that I would go back to the lady that used to cut my hair over 8 years ago. She's very good but when my schedule changed back then, it changed to where we had the same days off. I know you are thinking there had to be a way but the salon she works at is over by my parents...and they live an hour from me. Well. Now she is working Wednesdays. Wooo Hooo! Which is my day off. So while Allison is in school and goes to day care after school, I can venture back home, visit my parents, get my hair done and do a little shopping without having to worry about having to get back in time to pick her up! Yesterday was that day and this is my new short "Mom Do." I love it! It's a lot like I used to wear it years ago and can I tell you something? It took me about 3 minutes to style today with the hair dryer. No curling iron. No fussing. No tweaking. No gallon of hairspray. Next I need to work on my color. Please don't look at it! My maturity is showing!


Two days ago, Curtis and I received a very special letter in the mail. He waited for me to get home from work to open it. I'm glad he did. It was so sweet. I knew they were learning to write letters in school but this was a wonderful surprise. She even decorated the stationary...although I'm not sure what it's supposed to be. :)
Have Fun! Pin It

4 comments:

Benita said...

I love your new do! You're beautiful!

Anonymous said...

WOOOOOW Cindi you look great love the new hair style you look 10 years younger. Tell Allison great job on her letter. The pictures from the Reva concert are great looks like the three of you had a good time of course Allison looked the best, hope Susan reads this too.

Kim said...

I love, love, love the new do. I have been contemplating for awhile now what to do with my hair. It's gotton very long and I am ready to go shorter again. I'm down to just pulling it up in a pony tail day after day. You may have just given me the inspiration to get a "mom do". You look great!!!!! (this could be a great layout for your "All About Me" album) :)

I have all the letters the kids have sent me over the years. What treasures!

Controlling My Chaos said...

I love your new hair. I'm a fan of short hair too. The letter from your daughter is so sweet. That is a nice keepsake.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails