Saturday, January 03, 2009

Good Bye & a Thought for the New Year!

It's time to say good bye to Christmas 2008. We are taking down our tree today.

Well. What's left of it....no thanks to my fur kids who have knocked down as many ornaments as they can and pulled the strands of beads off the bottom section. I guess that's what to be expected when you have pets. Things can't be perfect!

As I'm waiting for the family to get up, I am admiring the tree once more before it's packed up in a box for next Christmas. I just LOVE that Allison put the ornaments on the tree this year. As I've said previously, I have enough ornaments for 5 trees so they all don't get to hang on the tree. One particular set of ornaments that I've enjoyed this year is my bell ornaments made out of beads. My Dad's sister, my Aunt Edith, made them and I am lucky enough to own a dozen or so of them. They are so pretty. I took a picture of one of them so I could share it with you. I'm sure it would look prettier if the lights on the tree were lit and the flash on the camera were off.....BUT one of the cats knocked the plug out of the wall yesterday and it doesn't light up anymore!

Anyway, she made them in all colors. I have red, green, silver, gold, pearl & blue. They are all trimmed in pearl, gold & silver. They are just gorgeous on the tree. I wish I could have her teach me how to make them but she passed away when I was 5 months pregnant with Allison. Maybe I'll try to find the instructions on the web. Wish me luck!

After taking down the tree, I'll begin to put all of my focus on the New Year. I've been making some notes one what my goals are for the year. As usual, my list is too long. I need to prioritize what is important to me and start there. When I look at my list, the one thing that jumps out at me is change. That might just be my word for the New Year. I'll get back to all of you on that!

Have Fun! Pin It

1 comment:

Controlling My Chaos said...

They are very pretty ornaments. I'm in the same boat as you, where I have more ornaments than will fit on my tree. It's a bummer because there are always so many cool ornaments and I have to force myself to not buy them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails