Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's All in The Bag!

I'm linking up with the blog "Rocks in My Dryer" this week for her weekly "works for me Wednesday" feature she does every Wednesday. Several hundred bloggers gather there every Wednesday to share a "what works for them" tip. I have to be careful when I visit her blog on Wednesdays because it's a time sucker. There are so many great tips shared that I find myself saving a ton of them and spending way more time on the computer than planned. I think I may play beat the clock and set a timer to give myself so much time when I visit today.

My tip this week is probably something most Moms already do but I'm sharing it anyway. Several months ago, I decided that I was tired of carrying a huge purse so I could get everything in there that I needed for the day...and it also made for a messy purse when I needed to find something. I started carrying a tote bag. One that I had gotten free with purchase from Lancome cosmetics. It did the job okay but it wasn't the right size and I didn't like being a walking billboard.

So I set off to find me the perfect tote bag. Yes, that's right. Frugal Cindi was going to buy a pretty tote bag. Yes. I have several in the closet that was free with some promotional logo on the front...after all everyone gives them out! But that's not what I wanted. I decided that I was worth a pretty classy bag and I was going to find myself the perfect one...and I did!
I found her on Etsy from Janine King Designs.
Yes. She's a her. Only something this pretty could be a her!
Can I tell you that I just LOVE this bag?!?
It has held up so well and I carry it every day! The workmanship is beautiful. It's nice and big and has three different size pockets inside that are very roomy. The straps are long and hang on my shoulder at the perfect length. I also love that it has a strong zipper. Some that I looked at didn't. I didn't like the idea that anyone could see into it or grab anything out of it. I have it hanging on a hook in the picture so you could see it but I don't usually hang it. I carry a lot in it and I don't want to put the added weight on the straps. I'm sure it would be fine since it's so strongly made but I'd rather not hang it too much. It sits next to me at my desk at work on top of the paper shredder.


As you can see it holds a ton! These are the items I am currently carrying in it: my red folder which houses my important papers that I need to deal with currently, a large white envelope with papers I need to fill out, another large envelope with Girl Scout Cookie order sheets and stuff (which by the way we are selling and I will ship to my friends in the continental United States for free if they order 6 or more boxes), a BeautiControl Product Guide, my Home Interiors candle sheet for taking orders, my organizer (that I've customized and can't live without), a zippered pouch (which hold those little things you or a desperate friend may need at a moments notice), a little Tupperware mini midget with vitamins in it (for those days I forgot to take them at home), packets of Crystal Light to flavor my bottled water when I want something sweet, my TomTom (because you can't leave it in your vehicle and fits nicely in one of the side pockets) and a pen (because the 10 in my purse may not be enough)!

I just looked at Janine King's website and she's running a sale! Check out the Madison French Blue one. I gave that to my Mom for Christmas because she commented on mine a couple of times. It so pretty and $5 less expensive than I paid for it.
And before you ask, I do not know Janine and I am not paid for this post. I just LOVE the tote and like sharing what I like with all of you!
Have Fun!
Pin It

4 comments:

Kristin - The Goat said...

I'm a total tote bag girl and I agree with you about not wanting to be a billboard for some company.

I love Etsy! I will have to check this out. Thanks!!

Have a Great Day!
Kristin (The Goat)

Cindy said...

Cindi,

Thanks for the link. I'll have to show it to Steeler Guy when he gets home from work. I'm positive he's gonna want one of those shirts (like we don't have enough black and gold apparel in our closets!) Take care

Darlene said...

Hi Cindi,

I LOVE your tote bag...is is big and beautiful! Also, what a fun girls craft night...the ragamuffin wreaths are FABULOUS! So cute for Valentines Day!!

Controlling My Chaos said...

I love your tote. It's gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails