Monday, November 05, 2012

Trick-or-Treat 2012

Thanks to Hurricane Sandy, our trick-or-treat was moved to Saturday, November 3rd. Saturday turned out to be a cold and wet day. I did not want to go. In fact, I offered Allison $20 and a trip to Baldinger's instead of going trick-or-treating but she wasn't having it! So, I did what any dedicated Mother would do and sucked it up.

Allison wanted to go as a Gothic Nerd. We did our best to come up with her "level" of Gothic . . . which was really just the skull skirt, suspenders, hair bows, black clothing and dark lipstick. I'm so glad she didn't want to go to the extreme!

She wears the "nerd" look so well!

 The neighborhood trick-or-treaters. 
Usually it's just Allison and the three boys who are on the step with her. However, we picked up 3 more this year. The pirate and the little princess just moved into our neighborhood a couple of months ago from Oklahoma and we also had a little lion who moved here from Nebraska a couple of months ago too. Although, our little lion was 18 months old and did not want to stand still for a picture.


To the left here is my little observation of the candy given out these days.

Please do not think I'm complaining, because I would rather not have any candy in this house. This is just my observation.

The Hershey bar is a regular size candy bar. One house gave them out and the kids walking away from the house were all commenting. I also gave out the full size Hershey bars but I only had to buy 6 since that is all we ever get at our house  - our little group. 

Anyway, look at the size of the Kit Kat! It is like 1/8 the size of a normal sized bar. I haven't seen anything so small! It probably costs more to make the wrapper than the candy!

Hope you had a great Halloween and Trick-or-Treat!

Have Fun! Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails