Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Yesterday's Results!

Not that you get your news from my blog but I felt the need to post the results of the 2012 Presidential Election. I hesitated at first because it's my personal policy not to discuss politics publicly. I just feel too much nastiness results from individuals on opposing sides trying to promote/discuss/defend their candidates. I'm happy for the passion that voters have about our candidates and our country. It's just too often the "discussion" turns ugly and I would rather not be a part of it. After all, let's face it. We all are individuals and are not ever going to agree on everything. However, we do have to live next to each other, work together, shop at the same grocery store and attend the same church. At the end of the day, we need to get along in spite of our differences of opinion and be examples to our children. The nastiness that results from opposing political sides is not the example I want to set for my child. We have impressed upon our daughter that no matter if you agree or disagree on the outcome of the election, you must and will support and respect the individual that holds the position. You don't have to like his choices but you will give him the respect he deserves.  Okay...enough said!

Congratulations, President Obama on your re-election!
May you bring this country back together as one nation under God!
And just because I can't believe how much Sasha & Malia have grown, here is a photo from the 2008 Election. Haven't the girls grown into beautiful young women! Truth be told, I kind of feel sorry for them having to live their teenage and high school years in the White House!
Can you imagine a boy calling to talk to Sasha? . . . Let alone trying to ask her to prom?

Have Fun!

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails